Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bathroom Part 4

I'm so excited!!!! The entire floor is scraped and clean. It took me about six hours today but I've done it. I have no major chemical burns and all of my body parts. That makes me feel good. My arms, back, shoulders and hands are sore. But that'll all go away. I'm just excited to have the floor ready for the new flooring. This is the first time I've ever done anything like this before. I feel like jumping up and down with excitement, but I'm too tired. I might do that tomorrow.


This morning while I was scraping, I was thinking. You can do that a lot when you're just scraping. And I realized that I've changed quite a bit over the years. Last night, my dad and his wife Dawn and my in-laws came for dinner. The floor of my bathroom was only partially finished and yet I did not panic. I was okay with it. I was calm and comfortable. We laughed and I had a great time. When I was younger, if we were ever having anyone over, I would have spent the day "getting the house ready." We've never had a fancy house, but I would freak if anyone saw it without having vacuummed and dusted, etc. And to be in the middle of a project like this, I would NEVER have agreed to let people in the house. I have learned, though, that people come to see me and not my house, no matter what condition it is in. In fact, on Saturday we're having a couple of friends over for game night. The new floor will not be put down by then. So they will see a bathroom that just has a concrete floor. But I'm okay with that. I'm looking forward to these particular friends and plan on having a great time. Concrete floor and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment