Sunday, August 1, 2010

Friends

I have really great friends. They make me laugh. They give me perspective. They love me. And Friday night, they were willing to shoot lasers at me. My husband and I went to laser tag with four other couples. They are all people that we consider to be our good friends. One in our group called it Spouse Wars. I called it Fun Friends Friday. Either way, we all had a blast (teehee) shooting at each other. It was the men against the women, shooting and laughing, chasing and being chased. The music was loud, there were strobe lights and I didn't want it to end. The men beat the women, but it was the most fun I've had in a long time.
After laser tag, we all went to Lemongrass for dinner. There was more laughing, more fun, more just enjoying one another. We ended being the last people to leave the restaurant.
Each couple is unique and each person in each couple is completely different. We have one couple in our group who have been married just a year, while my husband and I have been married more than thirty years. We have a stay-at-home mom and a working mom. We have empty nesters and new parents. We make different amounts of money. We come from different backgrounds and different life experiences. All of the wives respect their husbands and all of the husbands love their wives. We help one another and enjoy one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment