Sunday, June 5, 2011

Countdown to the Wedding - Day 62

One day a couple of weeks ago I was working at the library and a former employee came in with her son. She hadn't seen me in about a year. She said that I looked different. Was it my hair? No. She said I looked better, like I was wearing my clothes better. I told her I had lost weight and she said "It looks good on you."  I'll take that as a compliment.
I am enjoying my new way of eating.  Food tastes really good.  I have more energy and can go without eating between meals, except for that 3 pm slump.  But I did hit that plateau of 12 pounds lost.  It was frustrating and unexplainable.  I couldn't figure out what I had changed.  But I was determined to just keep doing what I was doing.  Keep eating protein and vegetables, with fruit just a couple times a week.  Keep saying no to bread and sweets, with a treat only rarely.  Keep drinking 2+ liters of water every day.  Keep walking Willie.  And this morning I got on the scale.  My total weight lost is now 15 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment