Saturday, January 9, 2010

People are Funny

I was in a Walmart yesterday and the cashier's name was Dorothy. After I asked, she admitted that, yes she once did have a little black dog named Toto.

On New Year's Eve I was flying home from Tampa, Florida. On the plane was a woman who turned 100 years old that day and she said that it was her first ever airplane ride. I wonder, what took her so long? When she was in her 80s, did she realize "I've never been on a plane. I'll just hang back and wait till I turn 100 and then go for it?"

The library where I work is closed for remodeling. We have a HUGE sign on the front door explaining that we're closed and will reopen in about a month. Daily, we have someone come up to the door, try to open it and then pound on the sign to be let in.

1 comment:

  1. People ARE funny!!!! What an interesting world we live in!

    ReplyDelete