Monday, May 3, 2010

Humanity

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. I believe that people are basically good and want to do the right thing. And when something happens to reinforce that belief, I am encouraged. On April 20, I traveled to Connecticut to visit my niece and my daughter. The visit was good and I returned home on April 26. The trip home seemed to be uneventful. This morning I was opening the mail and there was an envelope addressed to me with no return address. It had been mailed for Hartford, Connecticut. I was mildly curious. When I opened the envelope, my drivers license fell out. I was surprised and at first thought it was a spare. (It is funny how one's mind works.) I got my wallet and looked inside, and sure enough, my license was not inside. I wondered where I had lost it. I had to have it to go through security at the airport, so must have dropped it at the airport. Someone picked it up and mailed it back to me. Thus reinforcing my belief that people really do the right thing. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! Look at how many cell phones and stuff get turned into the lost and found!

    ReplyDelete