Thursday, April 14, 2011

Countdown to the Wedding - Day 10


My commitment to walk for an hour every day included walking in the rain yesterday. It wasn't raining when Willie and I started out. It started raining about half-way through. I have always loved the rain. My family lived in Tacoma, Washington when I was in upper elementary school. It rains a lot in Tacoma and that might be where I developed such a love for walking in the rain. I remember wearing my rain boots and splashing in the puddles, riding my bike with my mouth open so I could catch raindrops on my tongue and helping many worms back into the grass. I love the freshness of the air during and after a rain. The smell of a coming storm makes me smile. Living in Northern California doesn't give me the opportunity to walk in the rain much, so I enjoy it whenever I can. I was wearing my big floppy hat, so my glasses didn't get wet. Willie didn't even seem to notice the raindrops. We just kept to our daily route. It was a most enjoyable morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment