Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Countdown to the Wedding - Day 8

It has been one week since I started my life changes. I have lost 4 pounds. I'm REALLY jazzed by that. It is very encouraging. The last time I lost weight, it took a month for even one pound to come off, so this is great. I'm eating mostly protein and vegetables, with a little fruit every day. In order to make it easy, we always have cut up vegetables in the refrigerator. I do eat carbs but not nearly as much as I used to. Tom is gluten-free, so most of the carbs that I eat are also gluten-free. For the first six days, I had a headache most of the time and was hungry all of the time. The headache is now gone. I'm still hungry a lot, but I drink a big glass of water and it seems to make that feeling go away. Another great change has been my hour-long walks with Willie. I'm feeling strong and have LOTS more energy. Its interesting how expending energy gives you more energy. Willie is a very willing companion when it comes to getting outside. There have even been a couple of days, though, when he was actually lagging behind a bit toward the end of our walk. A bit of a test came for me yesterday at work. If there is chocolate available, I'm like a moth to a flame. Because it is National Library Week, our director came in to give us kudos. She brought some treats for the staff, including some chocolate. It took a great deal of will-power for me to keep from helping myself. But I was successful. I didn't have any chocolate. I know that if I had started, I wouldn't be able to stop. Chocolate is going to have to be a part of my life, but I need to get these good habits firmly intrenched before I attempt to have JUST a little.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Debbie! It makes it a tiny bit easier to keep working on it when you actually see progress! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete