Friday, April 8, 2011

Countdown to the Wedding - Day 4


Last night was the opening game for the Sacramento River Cats. I'm not an avid fan of professional baseball, but I love watching Triple-A ball. I went with my Dad, his wife Dawn and Darci, the eight-year daughter of a friend. The game was exciting and the River Cats beat the Tacoma Rainiers 6-2. One big issue for me though: Would I have a hot dog and a beer? You see, one of the best reasons to go to a River Cats game is the uncomparable goodness of a stadium hot dog. I love the warm softness of the bun and the flavor of ketchup and relish combined with a hot steamy hot dog. And then to combine it with an icy cold beer is just heavenly. So when I think of making life changes, I have to decide whether a hot dog and a beer at a ball game fits that new mindset.

Yes, I had the hot dog. But I didn't eat it all. I did, however, enjoy every delicious bite.

No, I did not have the beer. After all, I was driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment