Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Countdown to the Wedding - Day 2


I've always been a morning person. I love getting up before everyone else in the house and enjoying the quiet, peacful time. I love the freshness of a new day. Here in Northern California, most of the year it is the only cool time of day. I'm married to a night-owl. Tom stays up late every night. He doesn't go to bed until midnight or after. We've managed to work out our different internal clocks in the 30+ years we've been married. I'm okay with him kissing good-night and going back out into the living room. He's okay with me climbing out of bed before him in the morning. For the past several months, I've started staying up later with him. It's been enjoyable to be able to watch movies together until midnight, but there has been an unintended consequence. Because I've been staying up later, I've been getting up later. And getting up later has meant that my time to walk and exercise is now spent sleeping in. So that is the first change to make.

I know myself well enough to know that if I don't get my exercising done in the morning, it just isn't going to happen. I need to exercise when my energy level is at its peak. For me, that's in the morning. So, good-bye late nights. I need to get to bed by 10:30. I need to get up by 6:30. Willie and I were walking early yesterday morning and this morning. It felt good. The air was fresh and clean. The dew was on the grass. We both had a spring in our step. It was a lovely day to be out early. I feel ready to take on whatever comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment