Friday, April 15, 2011

Countdown to the Wedding - Day 11


One of my biggest tests with my new lifestyle so far came last evening. I attended a jewelry party at the home of a friend. I knew everyone there except for one woman, so it was an intimate, comfortable setting. The jewelry was laid out on two tables and we were free to try on anything and everything. The jewelry was beautiful and very well presented. We were all trying things on and commenting on how things looked on each other. It was so much fun being with these women. There was also lots of food, including two different cakes. Cakes are my downfall. I love love love sweets. Since I knew it was going to be a challenge, I ate a salad before I left home. So I spent as much time as possible trying on EVERYTHING, partly to keep me away from the food table. I talked with the other women. I poured over the catalog. And after an hour I ate two pieces of cheese. I had a glass of wine. I ate a little more cheese. One of my problems is that once I start eating I don't stop. Everything just tastes too good. This took all the will-power I could muster. I kept my focus on the people and the product. I did have a small piece of garlic bread. But I didn't have any cake. I know that I have to wait at least a month of this before I introduce even a small amount of sweets. When I walked away after the evening was over, I felt like a champion!!! I didn't overeat. I didn't have any cake. And I was able to keep my mind off the food. It was the best feeling ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment